Sep 12, 2006

Champions League

Europe's biggest soccer tournament is back and it's bigger and badder than ever.With new teams from contries like Romania,Belgium and Portugal coming up along with the usual biggies,this one promises to be a thriller.

So who's your bet?

I put my money(which I don't have) on Chelsea this time.They already had a very strong team with an adamant coach and now they've got even stronger as they've just bought midfielder Micheal Ballack,Arsenal's defender cum midfielder Ashley Cole and AC Milan's superstriker Andriiy Shevchenko.It doesn't get much better than that.I think they can beat last years champions Barcelona this year cause Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto'o aren't in the kind of form they were last year.

All the teams went off to a good start.Chelsea got a 2-0 win over Bremen.Micheal Ballack scored through a penalty.Barcelona routed a team who's name I've forgotten 4-0.Samuel Eto'o scored one of the four goals.Inter Milan lost their match 1-0.That was perhaps the only shocker.

2 comments:

The Snitch said...

Ah yes Sporting Lisbon.

There was another team from Portugal this time..I think Portugal FC or something.

And India's got nothing in football and we got trashed in the hockey world cup too :)) Lost to Germany,England,Korea and Netherlands..Lost 4 outta 5 matches and managed to draw one :))

The Snitch said...

We lost 6-1 against the Dutch.

There's got to be another team I think.I saw them on this special show on Champions Trophy on Ten Sports.Maybe they got eliminated or something.