Oct 17, 2006

Gwen's Portuguese Sister

Timberland.Gwen.Reinvention.

I have to say that I hated Nelly Furtado until she released "Maneater" but still I wasnt so keen on listening to her album. Then, a few days ago one of my friends gave me a CD on which I found "All Good Things(Come to an End)".
With Timberland as a producers this album was surely to be a winner. It just took me a while to realise it was.

Afraid (feat Attitude) - Great opener. 10/10

Maneater - No comment. 10/10

Promiscuous
- I've gotten sick of it but it was ok at the time. Slightly annoying with Nelly's rapping 9/10

Glow - It starts off really but really nicely but it becomes annoying. This song reminds me of Gwen Stefani's annoying voice. 8/10

Showtime - The first slow tempo. Not a big fan of it 6/10

No Hay Igual
- Love it even tho' it's in Spanish but it's extremely catchy. Great beat 10/10

Te Busque - Ballad. It features Juanes and the chorus is in Spanish. Okish but I wont put it on my iPod anytime soon 6/10

Say It Right - Great beats! It has grown on me alot. 9/10

Do it - "Gwen!" Kinna poppish and all things nice.At least for her...4/10

In God's Hands - Ballad. Its ok I guess but not a fave of mine 4/10

Wait for you - Makes me think "Arabic!". Belly dancers yum! But..well if I get over the excitement this song is not that good 3/10..ok 4/10 for the belly dancers fantasy

All Good Things (Come to an End) - Another of my faves. The first ballad I actually like 10/10

Let My Hair Down - Its a bit weird but I love it. 9/10

Somebody To Love - This IS weird! Spanish? Country? Well... all mixed up blah!! What is this doing on the album? Seriously! 2/10

All in all it is a great album and you should listen to it. Leave a comment on this NOW!

2 comments:

The Snitch said...

I've heard Promiscous and Maneater and well they're cool.

The biggest thing about this album is that nelly suddenly seems to have realised she's hot!She's shown her stomach a lot in both promiscous and maneater.

The Snitch said...

I liked Powerless and Forca from the earlier version of hers.

I like Promiscous and Maneater from this one.

I guess both the Nelly's were pretty cool for me.